Bachelor of Information Systems
The Department of Informaton Systems is under the Faculty of Informaton Technology, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS) Surabaya, that has a vision to be the center of excellence in the higher educaton of informaton systems especially on the applicaton of e-business, design and development of informaton systems, and decision support systems and business intelligence. Alumnus of the department will be provided with skills in designing and analyzing the need of informaton systems for organizatons, designing project development in the context of informaton systems by comprehensively combining the aspect of infrastracture of informaton technology (such as hardware, sofware, network, data), organizaton hierarchy, process and procedure, human resources and cultures, and policy and regulaton. The students are also provided with capability of basic and advance skills in implementng and developing sofware, network infrastructures, the maintenance of informaton systems management of the organizaton.
- System Analyst
- System Integrator
- Project Manager
- Data Administrator
- Professional in Infractrustur and Network Field
- Product and Customer Service Manager
- Software Developer
Profile of Graduates
Profile of graduates is expected roles can be done by graduate study programs in the community or the world of work, or the answer to the question: "After graduation, what graduate students will be?" Profile of graduates is the base formulation of the curriculum of a study program, targeted at the same yardstick successful / failure of a course curriculum to produce graduates with the competencies desired.
Accommodates a survey of Department of Information Systems (JSI - ITS) Alumnus, the input of enterprise users graduates JSI-ITS, the recommendations of the professional associations (AIS and ACM), and professional trend analysis of IS / IT and JSI-ITS graduates opportunities in the future, and adopt the method of grouping work (job) in the field of IS / IT (Robert Half Technology, 2008) it has been established that the curriculum JSI-ITS 2014-2019 aims to produce graduates capable of carrying 4 (four) roles, namely:
- IS Developer the role that includes designers, makers, testers, evaluators, a maker of business rules, to prepare the resources of support of information systems (IS) for the purpose / business issues the organization can be achieved / completed efficiently and effectively through the help of SI. This role can be done between the Project Manager / IT, Systems Analyst (System Analyst), Business Systems Analyst (Business Systems Analyst), Designer System (System Designer), Programmer, and Application Architect (Application Architect).
- Consultant & System Integrator, the role includes supervision, evaluation and consulting solutions information technology (IT), as well as the integration of various business processes, facilitated by the SI / IT including enterprise level. This role can be done between the Consultant / IT, Practice Manager, Enterprise Architect, and ERP Specialist.
- Database Specialist, the role of which includes designers, builders, maintenance (including updating), until the database analysis. This role can be done partly by the Database Designer, Database Programmer, Database Administrator, Data Analyst (Data Analyst), Data Warehouse Analyst, and Business Intelligence Analyst.
- Academician SI (IS Academician), the role Related attitude as a critical intellectual, analytical, and produce scientific work. This role can be done partly by student S2 Information Systems.